Friday, October 16, 2015

week 3: family culture.

This week in class we discussed cultures and how to keep the ones we like in our future family. When we hear the word "culture" we tend to think of a certain race and the things they do that no one else does. Did you know that each family has their own culture? Ive never thought about it like that, but after having discussions in class I was able to identify the culture in my family. As I have grown up I have noticed certain things that my parents instilled in me and my siblings. Some of those are: hard work, expression of love, importance of family time, and good education. These are just some of the values that were prominent in my home, and they are some that I want to carry over to my future family. Traditions also fall into your family culture, how you celebrate certain holidays and what you do as a family on those days. In my family, for Thanksgiving, we make a special kind of turkey that my great grandpa came up with many years ago. That is something I hope to continue when I have a family of my own, to honor my great grandfather and to keep the family tradition alive. Think about the traditions and culture in your family now, how are you going to keep them in your future family?

No comments:

Post a Comment